Thread: PBC vs WSM
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #29
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioDaddio View Post
And high-temp powder coat, and a pre-measured coal basket cut from 14" steel pipe, and a custom stand, and greater portability.

John
I can't powder coat, but that is a nice advantage on drum type steel especially for the exterior. As for the interior, I like making my own coating over the course of many cooks. Having a solid made coal basket is a plus too. Course, anyone with welding skills can make one as good and even more stout. I will admit that I really like the horseshoe stands and handles. That is a nice touch. As for portability. Edge goes to the PBC too. Maybe bigger in diameter and possibly heavier, but the three separate sections of the WSM can make for issues when transporting. I know that for a fact. The thinner steel on the WSM makes for trickier transport issues too. It simply bends out of shape easier if you are not careful. Been there too. When transporting my UDS to a tailgate, I put the tie down on it and rachet away. I don't worry about bending issues. Then again, portability is a big factor for me. I do travel with my drum quite a bit when we take out 5th wheel out camping. If I don't want to take the Q Can, we take my son's MUDS. I'm getting a bit off topic, but I've gained a love and fascination for DRUM Type pits.
UDS, PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->