Thread: PBC vs WSM
View Single Post
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #27
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Build a UDS or build your version of a PBS. That's where the fun is. I have a 18.5 WSM. Love it. But to be honest, I rarely use it now. I use my drums all the time. They are set it and forget it too. I could add rods and hooks and have my own PBS. Both are set and forget. Just comes down to which marketing strategy your prefer. Weber warranty is nice. I can vouche for the customer service! How much will you truly cook at once or on a regular basis. If you can't build your own, I'd give the edge to the PBS since it's basically a UDS with hooks and rods. Just my .02. Also, I like the fact that you can get those higher temps faster with the drum type smoker. My opinion is based more on what I've learned and achieved from making my own Drums. There is a good bit of personal science there too which I enjoy figuring out. WSM are rock solid. For me, the first time I cooked over the coals in the Drum was a great experience.

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!

Last edited by BobBrisket; 01-17-2013 at 01:03 AM..
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->