View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #20
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
I've wondered, in the opposite direction, what kind of q this would make.

https://www.homdoor.com/index.php/
The UDT was the first cooker I ever built myself. I stumbled upon the UDS concept on the internet 2 years later, and wondered whether my tandoor could be used to cook other types of 'cue. The basic issue is that a tandoor is supposed to run b@lls-to-the-wall hot... no scope really for temp regulation. I guess you could regulate temperature by building a tandoor with a bottom intake that can be sealed, and a top that can be sealed. At that point you're basically talking about a ceramic cooker and may as well look at a BGE, Kamado Joe, Primo etc, which will be more versatile ( with some accessories).

But for discussion sake, there's nothing to stop one from skewering a steak on a 40" seekh and searing it in the tandoor. I've thought about doing that myself
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote