View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
ssbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I do large volumes so my discounted rates wouldn't be similar. I would think one , two or three might be blasted for $15.00 to $40.00 and powder coating might be $60.00 to $85.00. I would think in most parts of the country one can find blasting easier than thought. Try Monument companies that blast images in headstones. They and many other businesses will fill their time with hourly work, along with actual blast companies. Two 55gallon lids, both sides the other day cost $10.00 here in the midwest. I might add we use standard temperature powder rather than high heat. We also use firebricks in our design. The standard should be fine up to 350 to 400 degrees, and then switch to high heat type. As far as insulation goes, there are other types of coatings that will have insulation properties. Very expensive, mainly because they work. I used them over 30 years in my racing career.I don't really justify the cost for use in smokers. That's one of the reasons I use firebricks in every smoker made here. Also we've had no good experience with soda blasting. Couldn't get anything to stick after many types of prep. Steve.
ssbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->