View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'd like to thank all you folks for your input. Seems like the opinions vary, but that's a good thing. Having an older Performer SS, I have always liked the ones with the touch n go gas assist. I've been torn, as of late, on the purchase of a new one. I found several even SS ones on CL, but people are beginning to figure out that these are worth a little extra $$$$ So, I was going to retire my old guy and buy a new one. After reading the thoughts here I think I know what I'll do. I have rebuilt my Old SS once already and really didn't want to do that again, but hey what the heck, it's fun right? So I am going to rebuild my old one and keep it for indirect type of cooking. I'll buy a new Red with the touch n go, add some cast iron grates and use it for high heat and searing, like steaks and chops. The only problem now, no not to convince the Mrs, she already said I can buy the new one. She also, asked very politely I may add, if I would sell my Homer Simpson to offset the cost........ With the exception of a dime sized chip Homer is like new.................Maybe I can hide him
Smokin' Bucky UDS
Weber Q100, Weber Q200
1983 WGA Early 70's Red Weber Statesman
1995 Red Weber Master Touch
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Snap-On Wrench Smokey Joe
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote