View Single Post
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #54
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Hunter View Post
I am going to drop a bomb on you Boshizzle...there are a lot of renown NC restaurants serving "Eastern NC BBQ" that cook their meats in....wait for it... electric ovens with no carbon fuels whatsoever being a part of the cook.

With this being said, I have heard more than 1 person (even a KCBS judge) reference a NC bbq restaurant and say they served Eastern NC BBQ. These electric cookers are basically saucing/seasoning their product after cooking it and, then later on, steaming it to serve.

Pete Jones doesn't use electric cookers. They do it right. I have paid for at least one of the 4 walls on their restaurants eating there when I was in school at Greenville. They easily rank in my top 5 bbq restaurants in NC.
I've heard the stories about the electric cookers.

But, I guess I make a distinction between BBQ cooked by someone who happens to be in NC and actual NC BBQ. You don't have to be in NC to cook NC BBQ. And, as we saw on this episode, just because you are in NC doesn't mean you can't cook KC style BBQ in NC.
[COLOR=royalblue]18.5" & 22.5" Weber Kettles - Smokey Joe and Mini-WSM - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Bubba Keg - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]#2 La Caja China[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Chargriller Outlaw[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Impeccably Accurate BLACK & RED Thermapens[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]KCBS CBJ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.[/COLOR]
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->