View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #23
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

I could be way off here, but up until this point I thought there were two "generations" of Akorns. First had the silver top vent and a few other less-than-perfect parts elsewhere. The second generation was the powder coated top vent and may have had some overall manufacturing improvements. If this Peformer "third gen" cooker has a cast top vent and the side table, just makes me wonder if they also addressed some of the air leaking issues documented in Man Cave Meals. I always thought the colors were more of a branding thing for various retail outlets. But again, that's casual observation.

The Char-Griller website is woefully unhelpful, which, again, I chalk up to branding issues, not wanting Retail Chain A to get feathers ruffled over competition with Retail Chain B. I've dug around extensively on the Home Depot and Lowe's websites, plus Char-Griller, Amazon and general Google searches. No dice on this table/cart model so far. Could be the time of year that they're just being introduced, too.
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum Weber 26.75 Kettle Akorn Kamado ET 732 Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote