Thread: iGrill thermo
View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
bo_b_q
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I got one for Christmas and I've used it about 4-5 times now. So far I have no complaints. Range seems to be decent. Mine stays connected at 50-60ish feet through 2-3 walls....little bit shorter if I I'm in my ManCave which is in the basement, but it will still connect. I've never measured the actual range but it covers my backyard and my house for the most part (standard corner city lot). It will drop out from time to time but always connects quickly again when you get near range.

Mine came with 2 probes (I've seen a few posts where they came with one). They offer an ambient probe for $20 which I bought but probably didn't need as the 2nd probe in the box would work just fine. I just look at it like I have a back-up in case.

I've been super careful with my wires as I've read some bad reviews on them. I haven't "washed" them. I just use a Lysol wipe or a damp soapy washrag.

The app is nice...from what I understand much improved. App will graph out your cook that you can send in .pdf or .csv form to review for future reference. My only problem is I forget to send it before I shut it off and loose the info...would be nice if there was a way to save the history of your cooks.

I haven't had a remote therm before so I have nothing to compare it to, but so far I've enjoyed mine. Nice to be able to grab your phone out of your pocket and check quick.

Golden Dome UDS "[URL=http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149301]Dorthy[/URL]" | ~22" Char-broil "[COLOR="Green"]Char-lene[/COLOR]" | iGrill | Supersonic [COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Thermapen
Where there is love there is barbecue. Gandhi
bo_b_q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->