View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #26
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsitMike View Post
What are your favorite innovations in grilling, your preferred grill and why, your most useful grilling accessories, anything that makes the grilling life easier, and anything else you consider to be a necessity, irreplaceable, or downright great for a day of grilling.
Innovations in grilling? Hmm... I don't know that I have a favorite innovation in grilling. My preference is charcoal grilling and I can't really see that many innovations have been made in that field in a very long time. The innovations that I see are in the gas grill world and I'm just not a fan of food cooked over gas.

My preferred grill is the kamado because of its versatility. I can cook anything I want rather easily on a kamado grill. I can cook low and slow BBQ, roast a chicken or turkey, grill burgers, dogs, and steaks, bake bread, grill pizzas, or basically cook anything that I would normally cook in an oven on the grill instead.

My most useful grilling accessories are digital temperature probes and digital instant read thermometers. This would also include automatic temperature control systems that give me added stability of temaperature in the grill with hands-off control over long periods of time. While these are definitely not requirements, they are some of my favorite things to have around the grill. They do make life easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsitMike View Post
Also, the opposite. What do you hate that may come with grilling? Things that are a hassle that shouldn't be, and any other things you just wish your grill did or something you wish was in your grilling toolbox.
There is nothing I hate about grilling. Grilling and BBQ is a hobby and passion for me. If I found any part of it to be something I hated or strongly disliked, I'd probably find another hobby.

Thanks from:--->