View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
thirdeye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyleach View Post
I love doing that with people... Give them good BBQ and then help them start their own. That is why I have built so many UDS's... People get really excited and friggin' happy when they can make good Q. Fun stuff!
One year a buddy asked for some help with a rib cook for a high school football team 'parents party' he was hosting. He had about 15 racks of spares. We prepped them together, I sort of clued him in on what I was going to do, then I wound up drinking beer and babysitting the pit while he tended other stuff inside, and schmoozed with a few guests... long story short, I had them finished and into a holding oven, but he never actually saw the full process. I cleaned up the cooker, then left, and the party was a big success. Six months goes by and he's having a birthday party and a lot of folks requested he make his ribs. So.... I get a phone call: "uh,... can you remind me again how I make my ribs?". I haven't let him forget that one.

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->