View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
hogsfan
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 01-20-10
Location: Dallas
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

The XL is a really nice cooker but it guzzles charcoal compared to the Akorn. It's actually pretty mind blowing. If you are only going to use it on the weekends, it's not going to matter but if you use it a lot then this is seriously something to think about.

I use my grills just about every day and I've found that even though it's annoying to need space and not have it, that's actually kind of rare. A typical family of 4 could get by just fine on a medium or small for 90-95 percent of their cooks...it's the other 5% that drives you crazy.

But if you have an XL and you only need the space 5% of the time, then 95% of the time you are sitting there thinking, "Wow, look at all that money...I mean, charcoal...I'm burning for no reason."

It's not just the costs but the hassle factor of lugging all that fuel home. managing the ash, etc. There is something to be said for matching the cooker to you needs and not not settling for more or less than you need.

Just My 2 cents.
hogsfan is offline   Reply With Quote