View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
I just have the standard grates and fire grate so I can't address those questions, one thing I did learn from thirdeye is that I had my fire grate in upside down. I've since flipped it over but I honestly don't notice a big difference.

Here's how it's supposed to go.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...7&postcount=11
I knew I had seen that post on here before. I checked tonight and my grate is set the right way (dumb luck I guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southstar Jeff View Post
I have the HighQue grate for my large and really like it. Much better airflow. It is very solid and heavy stainless steel. I'm not sure about the size of the weber grate, but it is not stainless and will not last as long, especially with the super high temps you can reach with the egg.
Thanks. I guess that is why the High Que grate is more expensive - because it is more durable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Smoke View Post
Not a lot of help but I thought the BGE CI cooking grate was 2 piece at least it is for the XL.

Not sure how you are trying to clear your Fire Grate but a wiggle rod works great. Stick it in through the Intake door and up through the holes in the Fire Grate and wiggle.
I had tried with the ash tool, which doesn't quite fit in the holes of the grate, and so was easy to almost tip it over and dump the coals. I just finished making a wiggle rod before I saw your post. Cost about $8 to make with 1/4" rod and a file handle from HD... and my crazy good bending skills! Its about 23" long. Should be much easier to clear ash from the holes now.

[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote