View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #38
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaws on Pigs View Post
If the flat of brisket is so bad and nasty and tastes bad, why is brisket so popular, why does everybody cook it and why is it a major bbq category in comps? Seems crazy to cook expensive meat that you don't even like? I honestly don't cook much brisket, because the farking things are nearly $50 here for a 8 lb. packer. I can get four big boston butts or racks of ribs or several good steaks or two bottles of good bourbon for that price. So let me get this straight-y'all actually routinely cook a $50 piece of meat that you don't like, then feed 3/4 of it to the dogs or grind it up into burger when you can get burger meat that isn't dry and tasteless for a third of the price?

Da brother's got a POINT.

.......sorry....

But I have to say......there ain't NOTHIN wrong with that flat meat either. I can't see discarding of it in any way other than eating it just after slicing or putting the slices on sammiches the next day, which is how the 17 lb packer that I made on NYE got DESTROYED by my family (after I removed the point for chili meat).

I mean, do whatcha wont y'all, but in my book, not thoroughly enjoying brisket in any form is a little .
Large BGE (chambersuac's)
Onyx Oven
The Fiery Furnace (chambersuac's)
Big JT's Smokin' BBQ Competition Team
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->