View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #31
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaws on Pigs View Post
If the flat of brisket is so bad and nasty and tastes bad, why is brisket so popular, why does everybody cook it and why is it a major bbq category in comps? Seems crazy to cook expensive meat that you don't even like? I honestly don't cook much brisket, because the farking things are nearly $50 here for a 8 lb. packer. I can get four big boston butts or racks of ribs or several good steaks or two bottles of good bourbon for that price. So let me get this straight-y'all actually routinely cook a $50 piece of meat that you don't like, then feed 3/4 of it to the dogs or grind it up into burger when you can get burger meat that isn't dry and tasteless for a third of the price?
I really enjoy both point and flat if I don't screw anything up. After chopping the point on my first few brisket attempts for "burnt ends" and being less than impressed, I found the light after slicing. I think I understand the term gold fever now as I'll hoard the sliced point meat as much as I can. Although after seeing some of the burnt end pics on here I may have to give them another go as mine didn't look that good. More like chunks of meteorite.

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote