View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
I have never smoked meats for long period of times in my otg 22.5. So i thought i would check it out. i have always used my uds, even though i have tried it in the uds and wsm style cooker with all lit charcoal, it is a we bit different.

i went to friends site and grabbed this page.

http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...ill_setup.html

my dumb question is this. since all the charcoal is lit and burning, i assume that it will burn out in 2 hours so i can plan on replacing the charcoal every 2 hours, maybe less right?

thanks
I believe the general opinion is you can smoke anything on the kettle but it's not as set and forget as others methods. I'm confident I could turn out good brisket on my kettle but I'd only do it if I was in a pinch.

Edit: you can set up your charcoal so that you're actually using a version of the minion method

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote