View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #26
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Honetly, I only buy and cook briskets so I can eat the point! Sliced, chopped, burnt ends, doesn't matter...so long as it's good, well cooked point meat!

The flat goes into chili, or the dog bowl, or something else. I don't do as many brisket leftovers any more, so I only eat the good stuff. No time for that other crap.

Really.....?

I do the opposite. I always save and cube the point for chili meat and slice and eat the flat. Never considered doing the opposite. I trim the fat off of the point meat the next day because big bites of fat in chili ain't good eats. Maybe putting the flat in the chili is the way to go? How does it hold up?

As far as burnt ends, I've done them only once at home and they ended up real salty. Our comp burnt ends always taste great and I bring home the leftovers so we usually have burnt ends and slices in vacuum bags.

"The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from underneath me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, 'It's a slip and not a fall.'"
-Abraham Lincoln
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->