View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
aawa
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
I would agree that there is MUCH truth in that statement... but that doesn't change the fact that a nice restaurant, cooking over gas, has the ability to turn out crazy-good food.

Is it the smoke from the wood you are smelling? Or the food cooking? Reason I ask, is because I think most steak houses have an amazing smell upon entering...
I definitely agree about cooking over gas you can put out good food. Cooking over gas gives you the most stable temperatures to cook with period. More stable than coals and electric. Putting out good food is a product of a good cook/chef and not the quality of the tools. I can put out a great dinner using 1 hot plate, 1 pan, and a toaster oven.

And I would smell the wood and not the food. I worked as a Point of Sales installer/trainer and would in restaurants before/after business hours. So there would be no food cooking, just the staff getting everything ready for opening.