View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #52
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinbasted View Post
It is mind boggling how they can have a hipster with a pizza joint represent the Kansas City bbq restaurant scene on the show. With that being said, True Bud and Pellet Envy are at the top of the game and I don't think they could have picked two better competition teams to represent our area.

As a competitor, when you see one of these guys roll in with their Jambos you know you had better step up your game to have any chance, and even if you do they will probably beat you anyway. "Ahhhh, man! Is that True Bud? Don't these guys ever take a week off?" Was often uttered as we walked around a contest.

There may be teams as good as them out competing but none better.

Plus both of their ribs looked fantastic!

I don't disagree one bit in regards to the abilities of the other teams on this episode. It's just hard to watch some one get beat up on so bad that doesn't have a chance in a comp 'que setting. As good as the shows intentions might be to help Stretch out getting his restaurant's name on TV...he did himself no favors at this contest. And it seems to be a common thread on the show this year...2 accomplished teams and a restaurant team trying to get their name out there.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote