Originally Posted by cmohr74
Last year I was going through deciding on a smoker to purchase. There is so many things to consider when making such a large purchase. Me being the great sleeper I am, I woke up and couldn't sleep so I got bored. I decided to add more options to the list that I created last year. These were a few of the questions I continued to ask myself when deciding to make this large purchase
- How many contests will I really be competing and at what level?
- How will I transport this cooker?
- How much do I want to tend to the fire?...aka sleep time
- How much smoke flavor do I want?
- How much will I REALLY cook quantity wise? (Too little/Too Big)
- What temperature range do I want to cook with overall? (versatility)
- What spacing do I want between my racks? Brisket/Ribs/Birds/Pork
- What is my cost per square inch of cooking surface?
I know there are many other cookers out there trailer wise, but with all the options available, it was hard to break them down for the list (Jambos, Trailer Yoders...etc). I also could not find all the information for all cookers out there. I'm no expert on BBQ or equipment, but I do like helping other BBQ Brethren out when I can. Hopefully my boredom helps someone.
Thanks for putting that together. What did you end up buying after all of that?