Unread 01-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #26
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
Thirdeye, you are the BOMB!!!

Thanks so much man, I can't wait to use my smoker again, Im going to use it asap, your pics look so gooooooooood!

Im glad to see that you have success with a big/little chief, was getting a little bummed but now I have seen the light and a glimpse at the possible future
You are welcome. The Chiefs are a good tool to have in your arsenal of cookers and as long as you don't exceed their capabilities you will do fine. I actually refer to them as 'flavor smokers' as they are tough to get to a high enough temp to finish off most of your barbecue meats or sausages, but they can give you some good flavor prior to finishing your meat on another cooker or wrapped in foil in the oven. That said,... I have some insulation modifications that let me use them in cooler temps. Today for example, was in the 20's and I got my Little Chief up to 175, my cured salmon reached 150 internal in just under 4 hours. In the summer I can get the Chiefs into the 220+ range.

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote