View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
I'm curious about the use of rib racks. I've had a couple, but am far from an expert. Is it "better" to have the ribs sit at a 45-60 angle rather than perpendigular to the grate? If so, why? Which angle would you recommend? I asked about racks in the comp forum, and was told one thing to be careful of is the racks taking off rub. Does one or the other configuration help reduce that? How much space would you recommend between the racks? Does any of this matter between spare and back ribs? I guess what I'm getting at is, if I was going to build the "perfect" rib rack, how should it be designed from a geometric standpoint?

dmp
I'm interested in what folks have to say. I have not used rib racks because I haven't found any that seem to be long enough so that the racks won't flop around. Does the rub run off with juices/rendered fat when using a rack? If you build one, we wanna see it!
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote