View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Confirmed member of the Lang Gang, I think I own the oldest one, first generation 84, but they didnt call it an 84, they called it an 1160... I LOVE my Lang, particularly because of the reverse flow design. I've used other non-reverse-flow and I just wasn't as happy with the evenness of the heat and smoke distribution as I am with my Lang.

That said, I live VERY close to Lonnie (aka. Bubba) of Bubba Grills. He makes a fantastic reverse flow offset smoker that is very similar to Lang in most every aspect, and generally is a little less expensive. Honestly, I've sold many of Lonnie's smokers. I have no reservation whatsoever recommending his smokers. www.bubbagrills.net
FYI: All the ones mentioned above have not only been tested by plenty of back-yard enthusiast smokers, but have been proven winners on the competition circuit as well. Lonnie himself won Memphis In May ribs category 2 years ago and competes with his own standard models. I've competed against him and I've also judged him on-site many times. He and his smokers are awesome.

Some day I'll probably have a Stumps stretch cabinet smoker. I do enjoy that set-it-and-forget-it aspect. However, frankly, there is no substitute for the flavor of meat that comes off of a true wood burning offset smoker, IMHO.

Last edited by Lake Dogs; 01-04-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote