View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I haven't cooked on any of those, but if I recall correctly from what I've read around here you'll be in good shape with whichever one you choose. You may want to think about the cost of shipping for each of those, unless you're gonna do the road trip thing (thereby giving you a chance to hit BBQ joints along the way). Southernsmoker has a Lang, and I believe Lakedogs and Snyper77 do as well (along with many other guys), maybe you can hit them up for some insight.

I have a vertical chamber on my Klose BYC similar to the one on the Lang, and it's a great thing to have for keeping things warm, cooler smoking for sausages and bacon, etc. Slide out shelves are great, esp. if you wanna take out the second level and put a piggy in there. It may be easier to turn a pig around with the one continuous door that the Lang has, but then again, the split doors are probably help retaining heat when you're checking on what's cooking in there.
Thanks GTR Hopfully some of the guys you mentioned will chime in. The peoria would be the cheapest in shippping but it is also the most expensive base model I think I can get more for my money with one of the others. I like the East Texas model due to its custom add ons and large area for coolers and wood. And I already have a 250 gal fuel drum pig cooker, so this would be for anything other than whole animal cooks.

I would probably weigh the options on either shipping or taking a road trip. I would prefer the trip but would go with the cheaper option.