View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

I haven't cooked on any of those, but if I recall correctly from what I've read around here you'll be in good shape with whichever one you choose. You may want to think about the cost of shipping for each of those, unless you're gonna do the road trip thing (thereby giving you a chance to hit BBQ joints along the way). Southernsmoker has a Lang, and I believe Lakedogs and Snyper77 do as well (along with many other guys), maybe you can hit them up for some insight.

I have a vertical chamber on my Klose BYC similar to the one on the Lang, and it's a great thing to have for keeping things warm, cooler smoking for sausages and bacon, etc. Slide out shelves are great, esp. if you wanna take out the second level and put a piggy in there. It may be easier to turn a pig around with the one continuous door that the Lang has, but then again, the split doors are probably help retaining heat when you're checking on what's cooking in there.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->