View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by abangs View Post
Ok, so I contacted everybody. Smoker Throw Down: Saturday January 26 is the date. We will feature a Stumps Stretch, a new Superior SS-1, and a new Backwoods Competitor. The format: Side by Side. We will light all 3 at the same time. We will cook 1 butt, 1 rack of ribs, and 1 whole chicken on each smoker....same recipe, prep method, etc. on each meat. We will compare time to cooking temp, recovery time on open pit, time to cook to meat doneness, fuel consumption on each pit, biscuit test on each, and we'll compare the meat when cooked (this part is subjective but we'll do our best to compare each..moisture, texture, flavor differences). We will also all use the same wood and charcoal. We will have PRON or each pit, the pit owner, and the progress of the Throw Down throughout the day.

This is gonna be fun!!!!

Oh yea, to be fair, we will be in Gainesville, GA. If there are any other pit manufacturers in the area that would like to throw thier pit in the Throw down, PM me, nadachance, or que dawg. Be nice to get a DW, Assassin, Rebel, and Pitmaker in as well.

Now this is great. Wish I hadn't already ordered my stumps so I could make a decision based on this review. As a previous Backwoods gator owner, I can tell you I wouldn't buy another but I am curious to see how it works next to the stumps and others.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote