View Single Post
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #22
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
Just as a question for speed between the PT100 and the Thermapen, what is the speed difference? Is it a 1 second difference or something considerable like a 5 second difference? on JM's review of them on youtube it seemed to be within 1 second difference in speed.

Thanks.
Yeah, I saw both JM's side-by-side comparison vid as well as the one by BBQ Bros. on their channel and both times the Thermapen and Maverick were within a second or so of each other and also within a degree or so. I need to upgrade my instant read so am going back and forth on which to pull the trigger on. I may very well get the Maverick and see how I like it after some use. If I don't like it, I'll splurge on a Thermapen and keep the Mav. in the drawer as a backup or use it when I'm cooking away from home and it's more likely to get lost / damaged.
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum Weber 26.75 Kettle Akorn Kamado ET 732 Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote