View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #29
MilitantSquatter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Vinny, I love that statement, I have seen it before and it makes sense. But, in the sense that there is a master, an apprentice, a novice, the sentence lacks definition. It is not, for instance, like a relationship with a person, where there is true give and take.

Cooking allows for control of the elements that enter into each cook. While I cannot control everything, I can control my response to each situation, which allows me to create good food. This is Mastery, in the same sense that any craftsman is a master. Doesn't mean you are all knowing or all seeing, it just means you can get the job done more often than not. You can run the show.
you nailed it here.. controlling the response to a situation as best possible and get it done more often than not (but not necessarily always) and I think that is in part was the quote was saying, just in his style.