View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
HogFan
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Will This Brisket Plan Work?

We are getting together with friends (two other families) tomorrow night to celebrate the coming New Year. I'm thinking of smoking a brisket for the party at 7:00 PM tomorrow evening. Only problem.......I work tomorrow. But.......I will be home for lunch (and can probably take a little longer lunch than normal tomorrow) and I'm off work early at 3:00 PM so I'll be home by 3:15.

So I'm thinking about preping the brisket tonight, come home at lunch tomorrow at 11:15AM and fireup the UDS, once it stabilizes at 300F-325F connect my IQ-110 temp controller, and toss the brisket on hopefully around noon (13.5lb is the weight on the package). When I get home around 3:00PM, I would wrap the brisket in butcher paper and hopefully be ready to pull it around 5:30-6:30 PM.

So is that doable? An additional piece of info, my 17 year old daughter will be here to monitor things while I am at work so that takes a bit of pressure off. Should I use 325F or 300F as my cook temp? I had rather be done early as late so I'm leaning toward 325F as it won't be done before I get home.

Finally, has anyone tried the Mountain Man Bourban Rub rub from Cabelas on a brisket? If so, how did it turn out? I have some on-hand and I I've wanted to try it on brisket. Not sure if I should try something new on friends or not........but if not, I'll go back to my proven rub which is Peppered Cow.
HogFan is offline   Reply With Quote