View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #67
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have been reading this thread with some interest and fail to understand why the "Sam's" bashing. It appears that they go out of their way to spread the contests around. As an example, looking at the number of stores in the US, Texas (73) has almost twice as many stores as the next closest state which is Florida followed by California a distant 3rd. Additionally, I shop in more Sam's clubs in my small part of Dallas than the State of Washington has (3, all in the Seattle area).

As far as selecting a club for the contest, it is a mystery to me because I know for a fact that their newest endeavour, which is a double decker with a Wally World on top and Sam's below in an "L" configuration with 3 levels of covered parking and one of the highest grossing stores, period, received absolutly no consideration for this. I was business member of the year at this club several years ago and know most of the staff personally and they don't have a clue either.

Let us, as BBQer be thankful for the event and payout and, as Dr. BBQ stated, YOU DON'T HAVE TO COOK THEM IF YOU DON'T WANT! Support of this and other events that MMA has brought forward, has put money in my pocket, as well as a bunch of other cookers and, especially the GC's at each level for the last two years. Just ask them what the tax rate was on their winnings.
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->