View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackman View Post
What I found curious, was I have only entered one competition, but the KCBS reps when they came around for meat inspection, they specifically asked to see my Thermopen, by name...not just a thermometer. My red one is about 4 years old and has been refurbished twice ($15 a pop) my orange one is 2 years old and have not had any issues with that one.
mmmmmmmmmm.... didn't think the reps were allowed to specify a thermometer.... I do know that the rules say that when cooling meat to hold, there are specific temps and times that it has to be done within (which meet the minimum health requirements). I would call foul on them saying which thermometer had to be used...... there is NOTHING in the rules saying it has to be brand X, Y, or Z... just a thermometer.

I would report that to KCBS and let them deal with it.... I am noticing a more and more reps are taking the level of terms on their own level and pushing a little too much authority.... they are not being consistent with their requirements.
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->