The MoFo Brisket Chili recipe in the recipe section is excellent...
MoFo Brisket Chili
Recipe Number: 1131679118
Contributor: Jeff in KC
Rating: 10.00 based on 1 votes
Rate This Recipe
Review This Recipe Serves: About 10-12
Calories Per Serving: ungodly
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Print Friendly Version
Recipe is Unreviewed
2 lbs. smoked brisket (chunked, cubed)
4 strips cooked bacon (cut up)
4 cloves garlic (diced)
1 small onion (diced)
1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 Tbs red pepper flakes
1 Tbs seasoning salt
3 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs paprika
1 Tbs dry mustard
1 tsp ground oregano
1 can Rotel
1 12 oz. can V8 Picante
1 small can tomato paste
1 12 oz. bottle dark beer
1. Chunk brisket and place in bottom of a large crock pot
2. Dice garlic cloves finely and onion finely or leave larger chunks based uopn preference.
3. Fry bacon slices in large skillet until nearly crisp. Chop bacon and retain grease in skillet.
4. Put bacon back in skillet along with diced garlic and onion. Saute until onion is transluscent.
5. Add all dry spices and seasonings except for paprika and chili powder. Stir into onion, bacon and garlic mixture.
6. Add Rotel, V8 and tomato paste to mixture. Stir well until tomato paste is thinned.
7. Add a full bottle of dark beer. I use Fat Tire or Newcastle but any good dark beer will do. Mix well and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Dump mixture on top of brisket in Crock Pot and stir well. Add a medium size jar of your favorite salsa in your prefered heat level. Then add additional V8 if the crock pot needs to be more full.
9. If you're a bean person, add a can of black beans and a can of pinto beans and mix in well.
10. Cover and set on low for a minimum of six hours, preferably 8-12 hours if time allows.
Try serving over Fritos with shredded cheese on top. You can also add a hotter sauce at the table if desired.
"Ron Rico, Boss. You can call me Captain Ron..."
The Naked Fatty!
FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Remembering a friend