View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HAZARD- View Post
With any ball type valve, you have to remember they are quite restrictive over open holes. And that little bit can be a pain in the Butt sometimes.

On my UDS with three (3) 3/4" capped intakes and one (1) upright 24" tube ball valve, I definitely miss a temperature range between the fully open ball valve with no caps off...and the ball valve completely closed and one cap off.

My UDS wants to run an ideal low & slow 225-250ish grate temp somewhere between the single open ball valve and/or a single open capped intake. Therefore I'm always playing with the intakes and can't let it go either way for more than an hour.
Suggest you put another valve on another one of your inputs? Sounds like two capped one cracked a little and the 3rd open would do ya.

BTW I'm guessing you put in 1/2" pipe air intakes. I just punch 1" holes in 3 places. Two of them I cover with credit-card-sized flexible magnets (I got a huge pile of them free once) and the 3rd has a 3/4" ball valve. On my drum, I have no trouble exceeding 225F with just the 3/4" ball valve, but if I did, I'd just slide one of my magnets a little to crack open a side vent.

metalmagpie
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote