View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #558
Kathy's Smokin'
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was quite unfamiliar with forums when I joined. First I used the "Search" feature below and looked up topics I wanted to learn about. The threads that hit were packed with info which led to more questions and more searches. Eventually I started reading current threads. After I started to get a feel for the place I posted a couple of threads and was floored by the good response. Then I started recognizing the names of some of the posters which started to make the place feel homey. I had a really crappy COS (cheap offset smoker) that was giving me a hard time cooking both summer and winter. Got a kamado smoker a few months later (in May this year), put it together in June and was amazed at the difference in cooking. Holy smokes! Went from almost too difficult to close to effortless! Immediately I started entering the TDs (throwdowns -- in the Q Talk section of the forum) and that most of all has taught me a lot about smoking meat and everything else. Instead of putting my effort into keeping the embers going on the COS I now put my effort into the actual food. Hard to learn how to cook if all your time is spent making chimneys of lit coals.

This is one of the most helpful groups of people you will find on the planet. Give it some time and effort and I'm sure you will feel the same way I do.

Merry Christmas, Cousin Vinnie!
Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about!
I got a ZERO for the best back bacon I've ever tasted!

Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->