View Single Post
Unread 12-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
tom72
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default First pizzas in new pizza oven!!!! (With pRon)

Hi everybody, and a Merry Christmas Eve to you all! When I last posted, I had just completed the dome of my new cob-style pizza oven:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=148689

I've been letting it dry out and have been building fires in it every day for almost a week now. There have been some cracks (which were expected), but it's holding up pretty well.

Anyhow, yesterday I got the temps up to almost 800 degrees, so I decided I would push it again today. Of course, I couldn't resist...so I had to try making a few pies while I had it fired up. I knew I would!

Burn baby, burn!

Swept out and ready for pizza!

First pie just in:

After about 20-30 seconds:

Done! This was an Italian sausage pie, my favorite:

Here's the second one...white pizza with olive oil, minced garlic cloves and mozzarella:

Here's the bottom of the white pizza:

Well, I'll call it a success! Both pies were delicious...although I need to work on my skills working at temperatures that high...I got over 1100 degrees at one point. I had to let it cool before I even started putting pizzas in. Not a bad Christmas Eve...I hope you all have a great Christmas. Thanks for looking!

Always remember that you are unique and special, just like everybody else.
tom72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->