View Single Post
Unread 12-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #31
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorjc View Post
"It's not good for ya." Um, I'm no expert, but I like to check my facts, especially when I'm being fed something regularly (there is no avoiding it):
From Wikipedia: "A report from the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) compiled in 1995 on behalf of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) concluded that MSG is safe when "eaten at customary levels" and although there seems to be a subgroup of apparently healthy individuals that respond with the MSG symptom complex when exposed to 3 g of MSG in the absence of food, causality by MSG has not been established because the list of MSG Symptom complex was based on testimonial reports. This report also indicates that there is no data to support the role of glutamate in chronic and debilitating illnesses. A controlled double-blind multicenter clinical trial failed to demonstrate the relationship between MSG symptom complex and the consumption of MSG in individuals that believed to react adversely against MSG. No statistical association has been demonstrated, there were few responses and they were inconsistent. Symptoms were not observed when MSG was given with food."

That's good enough for me.

Sadly though, in our society today, "testimonial reports" get way more media time and exposure than controlled, double-blinded trials. Why muddle up "the truth" with facts, right?
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->