View Single Post
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
R2Egg2Q
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pepper Beef Sandwiches

While at the grocery store yesterday, a 3.3 lb 7 bone chuck roast caught my eye.

While searching the Brethren archives for a pulled beef recipe that includes beer as an ingredient I found this post: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=94382

I didn't have any Guinness and my wife was heading to the store so I asked her to see if she could find a single bottle of stout (I'm not a big stout drinker) and if not pick up some Newcastle Brown Ale (which I do like). She came home with a single Newcastle as the Guinness was "huge".

So instead of Pepper Stout Beef, I made Pepper Ale Beef (sounds weird).

Here's some pics of the process (other than the beef I didn't deviate much from the recipe - except I only used 1 jalapeno pepper as we're wimps with hot peppers).

Chucky was generously seasoned with S&P and smoked over oak on the Large Egg:

The green peppers, red onions, garlic, and jalapeno pepper soaking in a pan waiting for the beef:

Chucky jumped in and was covered with foil:

A little over a couple hours later the chucky was pulled and left uncovered:

After another hour or so, the liquids had reduced some and it was looking ready:

We had some extra Kings Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls so they got used (recipe calls for hard bread but these needed to be eaten - quickly I must say before they got too soaked):

I topped my second sammy with some cheese:

I definitely will be making this again (but I'll try it with stout).

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Mini BGE, Superior Smokers SS-Two, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket Red Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->