View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #26
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
I noticed thT on saturdat with this guys cookers. He left the firebox door open a we bit for the draft and it was all embers in there. He would throw more splits, funiter scraps etc on the fire. There would be smoke commin out of the chimney and other places but when he opened the chamber to show me, i was surprised to see that the smoke stayed mostly at the top, by passing the meat. It was interesting. there was lots of smoke comming off of the cooker but hardly any touching the meat. Ill see if i have a pic. Thanks
CG's will do that if you don't know the secret handshake
1) lower the stack to 3" above the grate by stuffing a Tall boy can in the bottom
2) remove the CI grates from the FB and place 1 at Each end of the Main chamber then put the Charcoal pan up side down on top of them and slide it all the way to the FB opening.
The smoke will travel under and escape low all down the length.
3) to equalize the temps across the surface drill 18 holes total in 3 lines 1/4 - 1/2" down the length of the pan. All that stuff is Free
4)Build a Log rack for the FB