View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

To the OP - I hear ya on the flavor of the stickburner and I agree - but rather than change what you have, I'd add on to what you have. IMO it's a good idea to have a stickburner, a vertical, and a charcoal grill at minimum. This is obviously not practical or desirable for everybody, but IMO it's a good basic outdoor cooking outfit nevertheless.

When I have time, the stickburner is the way to go. When I don't, it's nice to have the UDS or the BW Chubby (insulated cabinet smoker) that requires less attention. That way you can still make pretty damn good bbq on busy days, and fantastic old school stuff on those awesome days when you can hang out in the yard, play with fire, and shoot the chit with family and loved ones. Expand the arsenal brother - they're just different tools for different jobs.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
Mayzie's keeping an eye out for you!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->