View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Default G2 Chubby Test Burn & Evaluation

First off the new color is decent but the heavier gauge shell which is also galvanized makes the exterior more solid. The interior dimensions are the same as the standard Chubby but it's 6 " deeper. The rack spacing needs to be tweeked but 6 buts is very doable or 2 15 plus lb briskies or 12 plus racks of ribs.

The fire grate is much improved and with a slide out ash pan ddefinitely a plus.

The fire grate holds about 11lbs stuffed I had some old K Blue so that's what I used to fire it up.

Lit a small portion in the right corner closed her up and about 40 mins later it was at 240. 10 mins after that 300 were I let it sit for a few hrs to burn all the nasties out. I then opened her up added some wood and began spraying up with oil. Three hrs into it not even half burned out.

It's now 8 hrs later and it's still going but getting low on fuel. This is going to be a great little big smoker and two of these wi'll easily do a comp. Sorry but my first cook will not be until next weekend so stay tuned.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by smokinit; 02-09-2015 at 08:06 PM..
smokinit is offline   Reply With Quote