View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

That'll work but you are still confusing "smoked sausage" with grilling/bbq sausage. Smoked needs cure as it is smoked at low temps for many hours...well withing the 40-140 temp and 4 hour window.
What you are doing is making fresh sausage to grill or "hot smoke" for dinner. You do not need to use "cure" for this.
You don't normally make, stuff, freeze, and smoke sausage...smoking is part of the making process since the links are air dried to form a pelicle to hold the heavy smoke flavor.
I suggest you look at a copy of "Charcuterie" from Michael Ruhlman, available at Barnes & Nobel, Books-a-Million, and some libraries to give you a better picture of fresh and smoked sausage.
Doing it your way won't kill anybody but it'll never be what you really want in smoked sausage. YMMV!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->