3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 TBS sugar
1 cup white wine
3 TBS tomato paste
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
olive oil

Chop the onion and pepper, add to a heated pot with the olive oil. Let it cook for about 5 minutes being careful not to burn the onion. Add the wine and tomato paste. Let it cook until the wine has reduced to about half. Add the tomatoes, broth,garlic, and clam juice along with the herbs (thyme, bay leaf), salt, pepper, sugar. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, check the seasoning. Does it need salt? Would a little more sugar reduce any bitterness from the tomatoes? Adjust seasoning as needed. Let it simmer for about another 15 minutes then remove the bay leaf from the pot.

From there, you can add any kind of seafood you like. I used cod, scallops, crab, and shrimp. Keep in mind that the seafood cooks quickly and at different times. So, I added the scallops and cod first, then after about 3 minutes I added the shrimp and crab. After about 3 or 4 more minutes, it was done.
[COLOR=royalblue]18.5" & 22.5" Weber Kettles - Smokey Joe and Mini-WSM - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Bubba Keg - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]#2 La Caja China[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Chargriller Outlaw[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Impeccably Accurate BLACK & RED Thermapens[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]KCBS CBJ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.[/COLOR]

Last edited by Boshizzle; 12-13-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->