Thread: Contest Results King of the Smoker
View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
jimbloomfield
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Arrow King of the Smoker

24 or 100 there would have been teams left out. Those who were picked still had to agree to the rules which meant i.e. Tuffy Stone had to do a seminar afterwards which If I understood correctly was his first . Which I watched and would never guess Tuffy hadn't done one before. The judges had a dress code. The concept was different then any competition before. I have been able to befriend the Big Poppa Team, Sterling ,Jody and Brad from BBQ competitions and consider them all good friends that are welcome at our house anytime for substandard BBQ. I know that those of us that were there will talk about the First "King of the Smoker" and being at the First One.
I am bias about this topic to say the least. We all think about how a competition can be better and advance the way competition BBQ is perceived . Sterling didn't just flap his jaws, he did something to elevate these BBQ events to a new level and try and raise the standard for all.
Sterling and Jody just a few weeks ago became the first West Coast team to win the American Royal. In one weekend Big Poppa has created something so big we will have to remind people that He and Jody Clark are the current American Royal Grand Champions.
jimbloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->