View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #13
C J
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
I have a Silver with the Vasconia pot, works great, did the can mod, actually a stainless cat bowl from petsmart for $0.99. The pot seems to fit even better once she heats up, have to give it a bump to break it loose.
I'm using a couple of cheap digital probes for now, until i can get something better. Found one at a local sporting good store for 12 bucks and a decent Taylor on clearance too. They run about 3-5 degrees apart which is good enough for me. I have a regular thermometer mounted between the grills which is usually off by at least 20 degrees.
Over the past 3 weeks I've done a small butt, a hunk of flat, whole chicken, and just did two racks of babys just yesterday. My ECB is now collecting dust.
I see a lot of people mount thermometers to theirs, but from what I'm seeing, they are usually off by a lot! Are there any thermometers of this type that are accurate? I've read some things about the Tel-tru BQ300 and other Tel-tru thermometers. Should I bother, or just save up for a good digital probe type thermometer?
C J is offline   Reply With Quote