View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Wesman61
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Turn-Key Steakhouse Opportunity

Went and checked out a steakhouse that is for sale in my area today. It's a fully functional small restaurant in a nearby town. More like a diner. Owner will finance and train the buyer. They claim it can survive just by being open on the weekends only. I have almost no restaurant experience but I have Fri-Sun off every week. I've done some catering and my mind is always thinking about the restaurant business. The owner will lease or sale the building to the buyer but I would only want to lease at first till I decided if it was for me.

We can get by on my wife's salary alone and she has health insurance through her work. If it took off I could quite my job and do it full time. My goal would be to eventually move to a more populated location and build it into more of a BBQ place. I have a few signature dishes that get requested a lot and would slowly add them to the menu. I could also cater since I would have an HD approved commissary.

I thinking this through pretty seriously. Any insight or recommended reading is welcome. Thanks!
Wesman61 is offline   Reply With Quote