View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
thirdeye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokp View Post
I bought a side of salmon today to smoke, now I know how I'm doing it! Thanks!
A little Nova goes a long way. With a whole side, you might think about doing some each way.... maybe some hot smoked, a piece of Nova, and maybe grill the tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
Thanks for sharing the benefit of all your testing, Wayne. You know how interested I was in doing Nova Lox when this all started last year. I was on the A-Maze-N site a few days ago, and I've decided I'd like to get the Tube for my Keg. I thought it would leave me more room for fillets if I put it in the middle of the lower rack. Do you have a preference as to the placement of the maze when you have more than one rack going? Top or bottom? Thanks!
Tish, the changes since those first batches we visited about are subtle and were mostly around the brine time, and soak time. Earlier I was cautious because I didn't want to have an overly salty lox, but found that everyones taste is slightly different.....and that is why I now list a range in my times. I'm beginning to like Nova more and more with each batch.

I put my cold smoking tray at the bottom of my SJ Tallboy and on the lowest rack if I use it in my Big (or Little) chief. The one thing I like about the model I have is that I can light one channel or both channels if I want more smoke.

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->