View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
K80Shooter
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Smoker View Post
They certainly look amazing. I've been working on perfecting a biscuit recipe the past few years and I seem to have plateaued at "pretty good"; but I keep looking for improvement. I'd love to give those a try if she is willing to share a recipe, or even a key tip or two.

Thanks.
I'm sorry it's taken so long, we've been real busy with grandkids and our towns Christmas parade but here goes:

Homemade Biscuits

Ingredients;

3 cups self-rising flour (I use White Lily)
1 cup reduced fat buttermilk (do not use store brand milk, it’s important to use quality milk).
˝ cup Crisco shortening

Directions;

Add flour to mixing bowl. With your hands hollow out a place in the flour kind of like you are making a bowl. Add buttermilk and Crisco. Knead with your fingers to obtain a spongy consistency. Pinch off desired amount of dough and shape into a ball by rolling in cupped hands (keep hands dusty with flour). Flatten dough to about ˝ inch thick and place onto a greased cookie sheet (I call them bread pans). Make a slight indentation on the top of each biscuit to keep them from cracking when they cook.

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees (pre-heat oven as you are making the biscuits)
Place pan into oven and cook till golden brown. I do not go by time when cooking biscuits, I go by the color. Once done remove pan from oven and turn biscuits upside down in the pan (this lets the bottom crisp just a little and gives them just a slight crunch when bitten into). This step also affects how the biscuit taste’s (at least to me it does)

Tweak the recipe to get the results you’re looking for. Always use quality ingredients, it makes a huge difference. It takes practice, do not judge the first batch that you bake, wait till you’ve baked them a few times as to get everything right. Hope you enjoy them!

Thanks from:--->