The controller box is done. Pics at http://www.instructables.com/id/E5X914VH7UR7LEK/
This baby can handle up to 6 thermometers (I'm a data junkie). While working on it I realized that there's no technical reason the controller can't handle more than one pit but I'll leave that for someone else to implement.
Software is moving forward and I hope to test out the PID part in the next week or so. I'm still working on a scheme to attach the blower to the UDS and haven't hit upon an idea that I like yet.
I got a new drum and spent a very boring weekend removing all the paint. Now I know why you guys say it's worth $40 to have it sandblasted.