View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Full Fledged Farker

I have one and love it. Mine's one of the first ones with the "bad" arms but I don't notice any slop in mine. Maybe I just got a good set. I just have the basic set with the 100-600 stones and it does indeed get knives wicked sharp. The setup and motion are very easy, and once you get the hang of it you can sharpen a blade pretty quick with it.

Being able to keep a consistent, repeatable angle is what sold me on it. I've never been good at sharpening by hand, I can't keep a consistent angle, but with this I can. And because I know the angle and settings for each knife, subsequent touch-ups can be done a lot faster and without removing as much metal as I would doing it by hand or another system.

Definitely something I would buy again. The only thing I regret is the base I chose for mine. I wanted one of the paper stone bases, which are lighter, but they were backordered. So when the offered me the granite base for the same price I took it. The granite is super heavy, which is good because it makes a solid base, but lugging it out of storage is kind of a pain, so I find myself not doing it as often as I probably should. I wish I would have waited for the paperstone base to come back in stock.
Char-Broil Bandera | A-Maze-n smoker | Weber 18.5" OTS
My Blog: Life In Pit Row
PitRow is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->