View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #66
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Hey buddy, I skipped over the three pages of posts, so I'm not sure wht was already posted.

My feeling about knives is the same as my feeling about tools.

1. Buy quality tools/knives,

2. Buy what works best for you.

Rule number two is especially important for knives. Like tools, the knife has to feel good in your hand. But, since most tools today are power tools, it is much more important for your knives to feel "right" in your hands. You are the power behind the tool with a knife.

You really need to feel a bunch of knives before you buy them. Or, you can do what I did and buy a bunch of top brand knives and sell the ones you didn't like at garage sales for a big farking loss.

Once you find some knives that feel good in your hand, learn how to keep them sharp and honed (not the same thing, exactly), and buy what you need to keep them sharp and honed.

I have my eclectic collection of knives that work for me, and a sharpener that works for me, and a honing tool that works for me. It may not be professional grade, but it does what I want it to do.

Honestly, a cheap knife that feels good in your hand is better than an expensive knife that feels wrong when you use it.

CD
caseydog is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->