View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
aawa
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
Mind you, I dont live in MO (snow & all), but I dont have to babysit too much, even though I use an offset. I'm thinking you may be doing a few other things less-than-stellar that may be hampering your efforts.

That aside, way back when I had a much smaller offset and could only cook 20-30 lbs of meat at one time, I used a trick to help. Shhhhhh. Be quiet now. Dont tell anyone. It's called an: Oven. Yep, put the meat on for 3 or 4 hours on smoke, then bring it in, foil it up, put it in the oven for the remainder of the time. Side benefit, the house smells like BBQ. I still do this for smaller cooks when I want fresh BBQ at 9am in the morning. I'll put it on smoke for 4 hours, take it off around midnight, foil it, in the oven it goes and shut-eye I get.

No need to spend extra money.

I dont understand why people forget about an oven. I did this on Sunday as I couldnt pan up 2 pork butts in my mini. I had the 2 pork butts cooking in the mini until I got the bark the color i wanted. Then panned both of them up. One in the oven and one in the mini. I couldn't tell the difference in the product, neither could anybody else.

Meat stops taking smoke on after 140 degrees. The extra time in the smoker, the smoker is basically an oven.

Thanks from:--->